Students in this course can expect to learn to:
- Work efficiently in the Adobe Illustrator environment with various modes, panels, and settings.
- Use the full range of shape drawing and freehand drawing tools to build illustrations.
- Apply fill and stroke colors to objects created with the drawing tools.
- Develop attractive illustrations using advanced selection, organization, and drawing tools.
- Use the full range of transformation and distortion tools to accurately modify objects’ shapes.
- Draw accurate vector objects using the Pen tool and its associated features.
- Use the various type tools, and apply wrap, flow, shape, and path modifications to typography.
- Design an advertisement using appropriate typography, drawing tools, and a clipping mask to contain the art within a shape.
- Align multiple objects with the Align panel and create complex shapes from simple objects with the Pathfinder panel and Shape Builder tool.
- Design a logo using the appropriate tools and features covered throughout the course.